Saturday, August 25, 2012

24 Good Deeds, Day 7

9. Bake for the comic shop crew. I have to admit that when I decided to start this project my main goal was to find 24 ways to cook for people. Sam has a friend who owns a comic shop and the guys there are always willing to receive food. They occasionally do a superhero class for kids on Saturdays and Sam went to help with it today. I sent him with mini coconut cupcakes for the staff and attendees.

10. Race for charity. This morning I ran the Salvation Army Red Hot Kettle 10k (race recap soon). Good for the Salvation Army, good for me.

11. Volunteer for animal rescue. The rescue I foster kittens through had an outreach at a Petsmart in the suburbs today. I volunteered to transport animals so as many of the available animals as possible could be there to try to get adopted.

12. Treat the volunteers. The volunteers who stayed all day at the adoption event had the task of schlepping animals in and outside on an Oklahoma August day. When I went to pick up animals I stopped at Sonic first for slushes for the volunteers,

13. Leave an unexpectedly large tip. While my time waiting tables was unsuccessful and thus very, very short, I am the child of two former servers, so tipping well is a requirement in my family. Today I wanted to surprise someone with an extra big tip. Sam and I went out for my traditional post-race Boca burger and I tipped our waitress about 80%.

No comments:

Post a Comment